Monday, September 03, 2007

Katty – Big sister

When I started writing this I had a weird feeling that I’ve already done it. But no, I haven’t posted on Katty yet. Maybe the feeling came from the fact that I’ve already mentioned her so many times before or because I still think of her so often, though she’s already back in Croatia. She was – no she is – like a big sister for me, though there’s no age difference. In the beginning when I had the mindset that Sri Lanka can be a dangerous place I was shit-scared of even fire-crackers, not to mention thunder that made me shiver alone in my room. I’d go to Katty and she’d comfort me, being an ex-Yugoslavian and knowing exactly what sounds of war are like. First connecting factor with Katty was her extensive AIESEC experience. It didn’t take long for us to realize that we share many common acquaintances and one very good friend (one particular Macedonian called Petak). With Petak I had already felt brotherhood and thought maybe there’s a bloodline in my family that originates from Balkans. With Katty that feeling just strengthened.

We would share our frustrations, our moments of happiness, our dreams and hopes. There was nothing we couldn’t talk about. That led to a number of situations where we were the only ones still up when all the rest had already gone to bed. In a way, she was also my shrink: being interested in psychology and having genuine willingness to listen she’d guide me through the darkest valleys of my time in Sri Lanka.

Previously I had one brother and one sister that have always been there for me and that I love so much. Now I have one more sister. Thanks Katty for being there for me! I’ll keep my promise and we’ll meet again.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 04, 2007, Blogger Katty said...

so, then, I am waiting for u in croatia... with rakija, of course....

and u made a public promise now... :)

(Still i am sure u think of me often cause u got stuck with Gizmo so I come to ur mind :)

enjoy SL time, cause it will pass so soon...

 
At Thursday, September 13, 2007, Blogger Tomi Astikainen said...

Dude!

Gizmo is like a rocket now! I'm actually able to overtake others sometimes. :)

-t

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2017, Anonymous Berry Jus Asli Herbal Mengobati Kanker Payudara said...

I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he’s trtiong none the less. I’ve been using.

Obat Sinshe Penghancur Batu Ginjal | Walatra Habbaza Softgel Original Herbal Habbatussauda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home