Friday, August 17, 2007

Ralph – Our monkey

Anyone who’s known me before I left to Sri Lanka might not believe that it’s possible to have someone even more “social monkey” like character than me but – oh yes – Ralph exceeds all the stunts I’ve ever done. When with him continuous amusement is guaranteed. He has an innate ability to make humor out of any situation.

But he is much more than a joker. We’d have loads of late night discussions with him about entrepreneurship, future, consulting, Sri Lankan business environment, relationship and what not. I could really connect with him and I was so sad when he left.

He also showed his kind-heartedness by silently organizing a fundraising campaign in the Netherlands and donating the revenue (over 5000 euros) to a Sri Lankan orphanage. He did it out of goodwill and never wanted any credit of it.

It’s good to know there’s such a great friend waiting for me when I go back to Europe. Now I have one more reason to visit Holland, a country where I still haven’t been in. Nijmegen, beware when these two get together again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home