Thursday, July 05, 2007

How am I?

I don't honestly know how I am. I'm in a bit of stagnated stage, but I kind of like since it still happens in a different environment. I don't know why I feel so numb. Maybe it's the routine that has developed. Now if someone asks how is life I usually answer "same old, same old" because that's exactly how I feel. I need some new excitement. I tried to get that by applying to AIESEC International Congress 2007 Facilitators' Team, but I wasn't selected. So, no three-weeks-in-Istanbul for me. I'm not bored... I'm just lazy. Maybe I've unconsciously shuffled my values and prioritized "Enjoying the moment" value over "Making a difference" at least for a while.

Though there has not been any major changes in my personal life, some changes are happening now a bit in Rome (our house). Katty's departure two weeks ago left a big hole in my social (drinking) life and as my beloved roomie Shek left I felt completely alone for a while. But that while was about half an hour because I instantly got a new room mate, Niall from UK. On Monday another intern Gaya from the Netherlands arrived. They are both working in Life in Red HIV project though only for two and half months.

I realized I get energy of them; seeing their enthusiasm and teaching them all the tricks of how to go about in the Sri Lankan environment. They've already been scared to death by Cesar, been unable to plug in anything to the electricity socket because they didn't know the pen trick, and lots of other incidents. Thanks guys for filling my social void.

3 Comments:

At Monday, July 09, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

Mmm... finaly I found one our LC's blog. Cool..!

Yep... I know how it feels when we are parted from our friends.. May be life is like that.. :)

 
At Wednesday, July 18, 2007, Blogger Katty said...

Hey Tomi,

miss u, and ROME and SL A LOT!... shiiiiiit!

Enjoy while u r there.

Once when u come back, remember u promised us drinking tour on Balkans.

Kiss,
Katty

 
At Thursday, July 19, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

//finaly I found one our LC's blog.//
I made a typing mistange it's NOT LC's blog.. it has to be intern's blog!!! :)

Have a nice time tomy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home