Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Being a Scorpio

Erica mentioned in her comment (a couple of postings down), that I embody all the traits of a Scorpio (my zodiac sign). Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I decided to find out.

I Googled "scorpio" and found out that I'm:
  • Determined and forceful
  • Emotional and intuitive
  • Powerful and passionate
  • Exciting and magnetic
True, true... But on the dark side I'm...
  • Jealous and resentful
  • Compulsive and obsessive
  • Secretive and obstinate
Go figure. Another more interesting fact was that I'm supposedly "very venomous, and will be found in areas around moisture where food sources are known to gather such as beetles, cockroaches, crickets, moths, or other insects." Hey, that's the description of our flat! So, it must be right. I'm definitely a Scorpio.

Indeed, most of the traits described to be stereotypically Scorpio fit in me very well. One of the things mentioned in many sources is that "Compliments don't move him a fraction of an inch. At best, he'll calmly agree with your appraisal; at worst, he'll suspect your motives." This reveals an interesting side of myself, that I had never thought of much. I love praises and I need them. I need to be reminded often that I'm doing a great work or that I'm such a cool human being etc. But actually when someone says it out loud, I'm not reacting externally much. Inside I'm boiling of pleasure to hear those words but for others I just play a humble role, appearing to be nonchalant.

Damn, what is it about these signs... do they really portray who you are or are they just so general that they can be interpreted by anyone to hold truth?

2 Comments:

At Thursday, May 17, 2007, Blogger Erica is Rich said...

Well, look up a capricorn and see if it describes me! :)

Thanks for the SMS btw.

Erica

 
At Thursday, May 17, 2007, Blogger Tomi Astikainen said...

Hmmm... Capricorn... Sounds delicious... Is that something to eat?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home