Sunday, April 29, 2007

Finally a proper attack

Hey guys... It's been such a waste being in a beautiful country with such a diverse nature and lovely people, whilst the rest of the world hears only the bad news. I felt so dumb because I had not seen any of that. Well, now I finally experienced what a proper LTTE attack feels like. Seriously, this is not even in the news yet. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

That place was Philippe's house and the time was Cricket World Cup Final between Australia and Sri Lanka. Australia was bashing Lanka's ass in their inning and as soon as Sri Lanka started batting the electricity went off. Someone was joking it might be an LTTE attack. I went out and saw the sky light up every now and then, and heard distant crackling. By this time I started to think that it might actually be the case.

Then someone said that there are fire crackers at the sky. I could easily recognize those as anti-aircraft fire, 'cos I've been shooting one of those machine guns with illuminated bullets. At that point we all decided to go downstairs. There was shooting quite close by and some of us were a bit hysterical and nearly hyperventilating. I tried to comfort them. I didn't feel pretty much anything... I just waited. Anyhow, just in case I sent a message to a few of my closest people, just to tell I'm alright. At that time everything was silent.

Right now, the power came back on. Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home