Friday, August 10, 2007

Sasha – My hug-buddy

This particular Russian is one of the most peculiar characters I’ve ever had a chance to know. She had a habit of having long conversations with herself, for instance. I’d be smoking on a bench just outside Rome and she’d come out of the house with a weird look on her face. Before I could ask anything she’d say that my presence interrupted a conversation that she was just having (there was no one else around). Seemingly we shared something in common in all that weirdness because we became very good friends.

Once I complained to Sasha how there’s no one around to hug anymore after leaving the “active AIESEC career”. She suggested we would have a daily hug. And we did. It was a nice start for a day, seeing her run from whatever she was attending to just to give me a hug. Now, how many people do you know who would do something like that?

From the very beginning I was wondering why she’s all the time asking from anyone if they wanted something from the shop, if she could make them tea, or without asking taking their dirty dishes away and washing them. That was behavior unheard of for me. Maybe it thought me a bit of a lesson.

I’m glad to say that one day I most likely will work with her in Finland, Russia or maybe in Sri Lanka. Even if I wouldn’t get a pleasure of working with her, I know she will always be my hug-buddy. And we’ll meet again!

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 14, 2007, Blogger Alexandra Sosnovskaya said...

Tasha told me today "Look into Tomi's blog". So I went straight away..
Ah. Tomi-Tomi, dear, I do miss you as well.
Hug.
Sasha

 
At Friday, November 20, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gicinogom
rfog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home