Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Recognition from Uni

Shite! I just got an email from some kid in the student union of Lappeenranta University of Technology. In all their wisdom, they had decided to grant me a bronze honorary medal for my achievements in the student union and club activities.

Now, let me get this straigtht:

1) I've never been a part of a club!

Pretty much only thing that in someone's limited mind could be interpreted as a club is AIESEC Saimaa Ry. If someone claims that AIESEC is a student club... go screw yourself! It's a branch of a global youth-driven organization with over 1 000 000 alumni and 20 000 new members every year in 95+ countries. I mean, PLEASE!!! Don't call that a student club! That title goes to the once who want to do horseback-riding, trekking or ballroom dancing. Nice hobbies, I won't deny. But a student club? Please!

2) I was against the public opinion in the student union

The wankers all around me (except Antti, thanks for that!)
were so patriotic and old-fashioned that this could hardly be a merit for me. I mean, if you could still go and take a look at the old issues of Aalef that I published: they're full of propaganda that was not supposed to be there (according to some). There were adds for the concentious objectors, critique about the polls taking place and articles about "how to put up your own gay club at the uni". Some of the people just could not handle these and they were trying to fire me. Pity that there was this little thing called Finnish law (and the article about freedom of speech) protecting me, so THE MAN couldn't over-run what I wanted to utter.

3) What the fuck is this bronze all about?

This one I actually have to give for them: They do have relevant basis for granting the medals. Just imagine how it feels when you get a message saying: "You were granted a bronze medal for your laadi-daadi-daaa..." (It's like: you were almost good, but we decided to degenerate you to the level that's not worthy of a full-scale recognition).

Right, this last point is basically just BS:ing with 'em. Just let me have my final laugh.

Thanks anyways, LTKY you made my one-man-war worth the effort!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home