Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Letting loose

For quite a while I was feeling that this blog should not exist, that I'm not able to keep it going, that no one cares what I write here, or that I cannot write interestingly enough. It's funny how dependent you can grow to blog posting... or it's not dependence, it's something else. Love and hate relationship I would say.

Anywho, I somehow decided to check from laskuri.net how many hits my blog has got so far. To my positive surprise I saw a number of 2239! So, to quote Michael Monroe: "Just because you're paranoid, don't mean nobody's watching".

Still, that was not the point why I started this blog. Yes, I wanted to keep folks back in Finland updated of what's happening with my life in this land of elephants, tea and chicken parts. Yes, I wanted it to be a point for linking all the pics from here. But no, this was not the main purpose. Instead, I was supposed to be able to use this as a means for personal reflection. And for such a long time I've struggled with the aforementioned non-problems: how to make the postings structured, how to make them interesting enough, how to please the reader...

So, from this moment on I just concentrate on getting my thoughts down as they are. They are - first and foremost - for me! It will be cool to read them in 10, 20 or 30 years time. I hope to continue occasionally with "the letter method", sometimes I just drop "quick updates", sometimes I just let it flow (like now) and sometimes I borrow Erica's way (like I did with Matti). Actually I just might drop you a not of one special person quite soon. Till that, check the pics in October 2006 folder in Yahoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home