Tuesday, July 11, 2006

What a network

It's funny that I haven't even settled in Sri Lanka yet and I already know many people who have been there or are there currently: Sifaan I got to know when I was applying to Estonian MC (wasn't elected); Dan was facilitating with me in a Finnish conference called ACCESS 2005 and now I'm going to his wedding on 10 August; Padmaka I almost matched to an internship Finland; with Suchith, Isuru, Thilini, Ego and Dommy I've been in touch for preparation of the internship; Cezar I know through PetaK; I'll be working with Jara and playing football with Rasmus; I've been briefly in touch with Lina, Roxy and Mirka and met Tomi to prepare for Sri Lanka; Lana (Tomi's future-wife) gave me good cultural tips; I've been in constant communication with my boss Ruky; Tasha visited me already during winter and so on.

It's good to go there as I can expect to be around good people. The local AIESECers are a great help for getting accustomed to the culture, the other interns are a good safety net and most likely great fun to hang out with but I also want some local non-AIESEC friends (who are not yet brainwashed to be culturally tolerant and all that).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home